About our Hypnotists
- 2014 MAHC Teacher of the Year
- Humanitarian Award from IACT 2012
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist
- Instructor and School owner For IMDHA
- Certified Hypnosis Instructor NGH
- Global Keynote Speaker and Presenter
- Son of Dave Elman
- B.S. (S.B.) in Aeronautical Engineering from MIT
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering and Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from University of Oklahoma
- Post graduate work in Engineering Sciences from Rensselaer Polytech Institute (RPI)
- MIT Educational Counselor for 9 counties in NC
- National Guild of Hypnotists
- National Board of Hypnosis Education and Certification
- International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association
- Society of Neuro-Linguistic
Cheryl J. Elman, CH, CMT
Cheryl J. Elman has spent over 30 years teaching in Art, HS Special Ed, and business training. She taught High School Special Ed and has tutored and supervised tutoring programs in the schools for Sylvan Ace It! Tutoring Programs.
Her experience includes:
- MAHC 2014 Teacher of the Year.
- Certified Master Trainer with IACT
- Certification with the National Guild of Hypnotists
- Certified Instructor and School with IMDHA
- President of the Triangle Chapter of the NGH, Raleigh NC
- Presenting Globally in 16 countries for courses and Hypnosis Conferences
- Teaching, Sales and Marketing for the DEHI Hypnosis Courses
- Webmaster and Marketing Director for DEHI
- Goulding Process of SleepTalk for Children Consultant
- B.S. in Varying Exceptionalities and Elementary Ed - Syracuse University
- Sales and Marketing - NYC, Florida & North Carolina
- Essay & Oratory Committee Chairperson - Optimist Club
- Over 14 years encouraging expression & creativity through the Visual Arts as co-founder of Crafts on Wheels Inc (NC), and Ceramics on Wheels (FL)
Who was Dave Elman?
When people talk about great hypnotists of the 20th century, two names come to mind. Milton Erickson... and Dave Elman. They have equal stature.
This is surprising because Erickson published dozens of books and papers on hypnosis and was actively promoted by his followers who wrote dozens of books about Erickson, but Elman published only one book, "Findings in Hypnosis" (later published as "Hypnotherapy"). Why is Dave Elman held in such high esteem? His induction is that good!
Erickson's inductions could take a very long time, but Elman would place a subject into deep trance in less than a minute!
Elman published only one book, but that ONE book had such an impact that many consider Elman to be the greatest hypnotist of all time. There is very little accurate information out there about Dave Elman but this new site and our products are going to change all that!
Dave Elman (1900-1967) was born David Kopelman in Park River, ND in May 1900, and grew up in Fargo, ND. He died in 1967.
He was inspired to research hypnosis because his father, dying of cancer, received pain relief from hypnosis which enabled him to play with Dave one last time.
Dave toured with a number of vaudeville troops, serving as a musician, a comedian, a bit player, and in several other capacities.
It was in this period that he began using the name Dave Elman because the extra three letters of Kopelman prevented getting better billing on theater marquees. In this period, he also was billed as "The World's Youngest and Fastest Hypnotist" because his research in hypnosis after his father's death had led him to discover means of hypnotizing subjects in mere seconds. This was an important discovery in the fast-paced world of the vaudeville circuit where slow acts bored audiences and were fired for that. It was several decades later that he realized that this speed of hypnotic induction also made hypnosis useful in medicine.
In the 1920s, Dave worked as a songwriter for W. C. Handy while still also playing as a jazz musician. This led him into radio, his primary career from the mid-1920s into the early 1950s. In 1937, he created the program "Hobby Lobby" which was carried coast-to-coast for over a decade—an unusual achievement for that era. He also created "War Bond Auction," a program which generated very large amounts of money for the war effort. He received many awards for this from the Government.
In 1949, he demonstrated his rapid induction methods and knowledge of pain control to doctor friends. As a result, he was asked to provide a course on hypnosis to physicians and dentists. He insisted that he not practice medicine but only teach the techniques of hypnosis. His students often researched further medical applications and reported these back to be described in the course. His courses on hypnosis taught more physicians this subject than any other teacher before or since. The audio recordings of the classes and his book HYPNOTHERAPY are regarded as classics in the field of Medical Hypnosis. (Courtesy of his son, H. L. Elman)
Our mission is simple: to provide the best quality DVD products out there today, and to service to our customers. We take great pride in our company, our commitment to customer service and in the products we sell. Our online store is designed to provide you with a safe and secure environment to browse our product catalog and our products are 100% Guaranteed!
All of our products come with an ironclad guarantee.
We guarantee you will be satisfied with the content of our products. The last time we looked at hypnosis products on the web, we noticed that none of the other ones had any sort of guarantee. If you check around, you may notice the same thing. We stand by the content of our DVDs because we believe they are the best hypnosis products available, so here is our guarantee. If after a year you are dissatisfied with our product for any reason, or for no reason at all, simply return the product for a full refund. That is how sure we are that you will be satisfied with our products!